Heavy handed and brilliant, by Vi Hart.
Not really related yet still interesting; someone from slashdot mentions Chernoff faces.
[via Cartesian Product]
A mathematical method of converting a set of data (represented as any function) to the sum of its wave components.
Basically, this is a result of the idea that a function can be exactly recreated using only combinations of sin and cosin functions of various amplitude, phase, and frequency. The trick is that most transforms require a lot of computing to tease out every wave component.
- Shift to sprint, Alt to slow down
- The “constants” require recompiling, other parameters update in realtime
- According to the video, it takes windows users about twenty times as long as osx users to recompile, so heads up
- Uncheck “preview mode” to disable upscaling
- The site also allows for altering the fractal shader code, saving fractals, and loading them